Monday 29 April 2013

Legs are cut

After a very relaxing weekend off with just the wife and no kids, I decided it was time to get this table a little closer to complete.  I wanted to at least finish welding the table top frame, cut the legs to length and cut the bottom off of the other 3" x 1 1/2" leg attachment tube.  Ohh, and I finished editing the video of the plasma cutting from last week.


This video was really a trial run for many things.. video camera placement, speed effects, plasma cutting with a guide on a make-shift welding table/positioner (ie. drill press vise)  And I noticed that at some point the sound became unsynchronized with the video... like I said, trial run.

So, I did what I set out to complete today...
Finished cutting the legs and attachments



Then finished up the welds on the frame.  Think I'll stick with the TIG seeing that I went to get the argon tank refilled... and I need the practice.  Most of the welds turned out pretty good.  I even "walked the cup" a little on the fillet (inside corner) welds  I really need to practice the outside corners though!




So, that's it until next time when I drill the holes in the legs, and just maybe start putting things together!

No comments:

Post a Comment