Thursday 25 April 2013

A little progress

Didn't get a whole lot done today, but progress is progress. And I didn't screw up any of my cuts so that outta count for at least double!
I started with a little rust removal on the 3 x 1 1/2 tubes. I picked up a sanding conversion kit for my electric angle grinder a while back and this would be the first time using it.  It took the surface rust off with no problems and left a nice smooth, paintable surface.
Then I turned once again to the plasma cutter to take a large chunk of the bottom off. This will be where the legs attach into. It was a little bit of a difficult place to cut because I wanted the cut right on the corner of the rectangle tube.. but what ended up happening is I cut slightly up the side wall, which is the next best thing.  After cutting, I ground down the edges and tired to get it as flat as possible.
And that's all the time I had for today. I took some video of the plasma cutting.. I'm just editing it now and will put it up later. But for now, here's a pic of my now shiny rectangle tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment